Mr Rochester.

My thoughts on Mr Rochester is that he is friendly and humble towards Jane Eyre.

"Mr Rochester would be glad if you and your pupil would take tea with him in the drawing room..." 

He has high standards,posh as Jane must change her clothes when she is dining with Mr Rochester.

"Is it necessary to change my frock?" "Yes, you had better. I always dress for the evening when Mr Rochester is here."

Mr Rochester is unfriendly and rude, he has a sudden change of mood. At first he was kind and friendly and now he is rude.  

"...bit it appeared he was not in the mood to notice us, for he never lifted his head as we approached"    "...he is very changeful and abrupt".

The landlord is intrusive,inquisitive as he asks many personal questions about Jane Eyre.

" And your home?" "I have none"   "Who recommended you to come here?".

Mr Rochester is not afraid to speak his mind,opinionated as he says to Jane that she is not very good at playing the piano.

"...perhaps rather better than some but,not well."

In conclusion I believe Mr Rochester has two sides of a personality, very wealthy and inquisitive.  

« October 2017 »
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .