Mr. Rochester

I think that Mr. Rochester thinks a lot of himself. He likes to order everyone around and doesn't have very good manners, though he seems to try to be mannerly when Jane Eyre is around. I think he is a very odd character and is constantly questioning people and their way of doing things, as we see in chapters 13 and 14. He's very blunt and forward especially when he asks Jane if 'she thinks him handsome.' I think that he is developing feelings for Jane, and I think she is for him. I am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen between the two of them.

Visit To The Solstice

I really enjoyed our visit to the solstice. The actor/comedian was absoultely hilarious and I couldn't stop laughig throughout the whole thing. He mainly talked about how to make movies but put it in such a way that he was able to make fun of teenagers which we found very funny. Before it started, Podge (from pats) climbed onto the stage thinking it would be funny. The comedian heard what he was doing and slagged him throughout the whole thing. Overall I thought it was great and he was really able to hold our attention for the full thing. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad we got the chance to go. Laughing

The DarkAngel Book Review

The Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce is the first in the Darkangel trilogy.

Aeriel is a slave and best friends with a young girl called Eoduin, who she serves. Whilst picking flowers with her one day, a Darkangel comes and kidnaps Eoduin. He is not fully a vampire and needs her to add to his collection of brides. She is to be the thirteenth and he will need fourteen to become a full vampire with the rest of his ‘brothers’.

Aeriel decides to get revenge for her friend and plans on killing the vampire when he next returns. However upon meeting him, she finds he is too beautiful to kill and he brings her back to his castle to serve his wives.

Aeriel escapes from the Darkangel and his castle to find a way to free his wives and her friend Eoduin. It seems the only way to stop the vampire is to kill him, a job Aeriel does not wish to do.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was different and interesting. The only downfall it had was the descriptions were quite difficult to understand. It was also a little predictable. All in all it was a good read and I found it really sucked you in. I would recommend it to friends as it had something special about it.

Book Review!

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a love story with a dark side.

When seventeen year old Isabella Swan leaves sunny Arizona to live with her father in the small and gloomy town of Forks, Washington, She doesn't expect to like it. If leaving her mom to live in Forks, with it's constant misty rain wasn't bad enough, she will have to make a whole new set of friends and settle into a new school.

When Bella first see's the insanely beautiful, Edward Cullen and his brothers and sisters, she is instantly intrigued. There is something mysterious and compelling about them that Bella can't seem to undertsand. She strikes up an unlikely friendship with Edward and ends up falling 'hopelessly and irrevocably in love' with him.

Then Bella finds out his secret. He is a vampire, along with the rest of the Cullen family!

The story of Twilight is told in first person format, from the perspective of Bella. As a result of this, the reader only knows what she is thinking, making the Cullens even more mysterious.

Twilight is beautifully written and the discriptions of Forks leaves you feeling as though you can smell the damp air, or hear the rain pounding relentlessly on the roof.

Bella herself is a well written and realistic character, shy and lacking in confidence, making us feel that exciting things can happen to anyone.

Twilight has been described as a 'vampire story for people who don't like vampire stories' and I would agree with this. Although it may seem like a horror, Twilight is far from that. This compelling love story has something for everyone. This is one book you won't want to put down! Laughing

By Samantha Sherlock

My views on Reading

I really enjoy reading. I find it can be very relaxing and calming if you are upset. When you read you find a whole other world to escape to.

My favourite books are the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer. I think she is an excellent author and find all of her books are interesting and unique. She has really inspired me to try and write my own novel or short story. I havent come across many peole who did not enjoy at least one of her books.Laughing

« October 2017 »
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .